My Government Online (MGO) Software Launch
The Planning and Community Development Department has implemented a new online permitting and inspections software, MyGovernmentOnline.
As of December 6, 2023, All permitting and contractor licensing applications submitted to the Planning and Community Development Department will be accepted through the City's new MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) permitting platform (click here). (PDF help guide here) This software will enhance the application submittal, plan review, and inspection experience for contractors and residents of the City of Newcastle.
Contractors and Residents have the ability to:
- Apply for building permits and contractor licenses
- Pay online for issued permits and licenses. (PDF help guide here) for assistance on how to pay for the issued contractor license regristration.
- Submit documents in PDF form
- Track application progress, up to permit issuance
- View and print copies of documents recieved from city staff any time, including completed inspection reports
- Request inspections or temporary/permanent services online
- Recieve real-time e-mail notifications when an inspection is completed
It's important for contractors to note the sales tax rate for Newcastle.